Kiyai Zuhri also wrote many articles and the Friday Sermons regularly, regardless of whether it will be read or not. He had collated his sermon writings in no less than 8 notebooks. He wrote in accordance to the structure and conditions of a sermon. These include sermons for Friday prayers, solemnisation ceremonies and for the Eid prayers.
In other general writings, for example, articles or letters to relatives overseas; his writing style was consistent and full of adab. His introductions begin with praises, greetings and salutations. He would continue with the content of the letter and ending it with various supplications to the recipient.
In matters of religious issues; where students would ask him questions regarding fiqh or aqidah, he would answer in the similar pattern of adab. If there are any disagreements in the issues concerned, he would back it up with relevant sources from Quran and Hadith, and at times, he would also provide the explanation from the 4 schools of thought. He would also explain how such opinions were viewed amongst traditional and contemporary scholars. He was always prepared with answers, researches and studies for Fatwa meetings.
Kiyai Zuhri is extremely tactful in his writing which leaves and impression that he was a man of high principles and dedicated to what he was passionate about.
He also summarised his writings and lessons in the form of poetry. For example, when he taught a lesson on Ilmu Falak, he will begin with an introduction and proceed to it explanations. After which, it is usually followed by hand-drawn diagrams and figures; and at the end is about 8-line poem comprising of the important points and takeaways of the lesson.
Kiyai Zuhri also taught the Arabic language, i.e. Nahu (grammar), Saraf (morphology) and I’rab (arabisation). They are properly structured and organized in tables and columns. In his Arabic I’rab, the way he elaborated was in detail. This demonstrated how meticulous he was for fine details.
The following is a list of books that Kiyai Zuhri had written or translated:
- Al-Amin fi Al-Arba’in fi Ahadith Sayyid Al-Mursalin (in Malay)
- Al-Manzumat Az-Zuhriyah fi Ma’rifat Awa-il Al-Asyhur Al-‘Arabiah (in Arabic)
- Syarah Al-Manzumat Az-Zuhriyah fi Ma’rifat Awa-il Al-Asyhur Al-‘Arabiah (in Arabic)
- Suluhan Falsafah Pada Mentafsirkan Surah Al-Fatihah (in Malay)
- Falsafah Perangai (in Malay)
- Namusi pada Menyatakan Surah Kejadian Manusia (in Malay)
- At-Tasrif wa Al-‘Ilal (in Arabic)
- Jawahir Al-‘Aqa-id (in Arabic and Malay)
- Geliga Perangai (in Malay)
- Hidayah At-Tahzib (in Arabic and Malay)
- Fiqh Al-Madaris (in Arabic)
- Risalah Ilmu Falak (in Malay)
- As-Syafiyat Pada Menerangkan Empat Puluh Ayat (in Malay
- An-Najm Al-Bariq Pada Mentafsirkan Surah At-Tariq (in Malay)
- Az-Zahrah al-Asyhariyyah (in Arabic and Malay)
- Sinar Budi (in Malay)